Wednesday, March 29, 2006

MaryJanes Farm Chapter Quilt



Mary Jane is a wonderful lady who is trying to rekindle ladies chapters of the old days when women would gather together to chat and quilt and whatnot. Through her forum she has given us modern ladies a chance to meet other ladies who share common interest. So these ladies have been forming their own local "chapters" and gathering toghter. I, somehow became the chapter "leader" of the only "global" chapter - a mail art chapter. This mail art chapter called The Sisterhood of the Traveling Art became so big with so many members that I feel we kind of grew out of the whole chapter thing. I don't feel like much a leader, I have to say, since I could never keep track of this many people (probably close to 100), but nevertheless MJF asked me to join in on the chapter quilt and represent The Sisterhood of the Traveling Art...How could I resist? So MJF sent me a square of fabric to embroider and here's what I came up with....Since I couldn't really dicuss what to do all the ladies I decided to go with our common bond - our love of the garden.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's perfect Melissa, great job!!

Aunt Jenny said...

I love it Melissa!!! You are so inspiring!!
I can never seem to remember my dreams as well as you..I love reading your blog!

Amy said...

Wow, that is beautiful.

sqrl said...

hey thanks gals