Friday, March 10, 2006

Dream Journal

I remember part of my dream last night or may be it was this morning that part I can't remember. But anyway...I was in New Orleans regular New Orleans not the current beat up city. Well I've never been there so it's whatever New Orleans my mind decided to make up. So I was there with my Mom and we were trying to go somewhwere, to some event. We were walking and arguing, I was saying we needed a map and she was saying we didn't and remember saying "we've never been here, do you even know which direction were going? Like which way is north, do you even know?" So I like to analyse dreams like anyone else but instead of getting some book that contains definitions that don't mean anything to you I do what my Mother-in-law taught me...Ask yourself what does that mean to you, what does that river mean to you or snake or balloon. That's where you find the answers, and I recommend asking pretty right away 'cause first you usually forget those important dreams once our daily crap takes over and if you wait to long the meaning will become immaterial. So I ask what does this map thing mean, does the city has significance, what about being there with my Mom. What I found out in my little brain was my fear of moving back home. As much as I want SO badly for so long to move back to my home (meaning the east coast not the actual house I grew up in) I have this unlying fear. I "grew up" when I moved away to LA, I found out who I was and made myself who I am. All that time of "making" myself I wanted so badly to move back to where came from and now that I'm may get that chance I have all these new feelings. Now, I'm a spiteful person and when I have something I fear I don't run away I'll face it just to spite myself. You learn a lot stuff that way. So I have a fear of returning to the place I was a child as an adult. Interesting. And why was it my Mom who represents that fear? Because she is the one I broke away from to do this "growing up". So, I think naturally she would the icon for that fear, sorry Mom.

No comments: