Sunday, October 29, 2006

real quick



I'm posting real quick before I settle into making pumpkin raviolis. This is a house special here and only happens this time of the year. We slaughtered one pumpkin yesterday, made way too much pumpkin soup and the rest is for ravies. This is a vegan dish but it's a major hit with anyone, meat eater or not. I usually make it with a butter, sage, mushroom sauce but this year Andrew's making his yummy onion gravy that's out of this world and substituting the water for pumpkin juice. Yeah baby...... I'm happy to say we're sharing this yummy festive meal with our pals Dorie and Kevin.

I also wanted to introduce Miss Molly. She doesn't have a face yet.. hum... Well I'm kind a scared of making faces. I don't know, I always worry at this point. I'm not very goood at it. My softies don't usually tell me their names until after I make their face but not Miss Molly. She's got a ton of character. She's my little Humboldt hippy with orangie rainbow dreadlocks, made from old wool socks that I barely got a chance to wear before they felted. Her shirt and pants are made for two of my old favorite shirts. Gotta love that recycling!

Happy Pumpkin Ravies to everyone!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Share your recipe, sounds yummy, eps. the onion gravy!

sqrl said...

Ok well I'm not so good at turning these things into actual recipes. But I will try 'cause these are definitely worth it.....