Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I have been making stuff


I swear, I have..... For some reason I'm just not taking pictures of all the things I've working on over the last like months. Three quilts and I think three skirts and a bunch of other things later here I am. Anyway here is one of the shirts.. It's made from two pairs of the Bee's old corduroys. I had a whole stack of them waiting to be made into another corduroy quilt but one day I got an idea into my head and than procceeded to turn all those old corduroys into skirts , yes new skirts for me!! You know, how you turn an old pair of jeans into a skirt, the patterns are everywhere, well that all I did. One pair is different, I'll have to show it off 'cause it's my favorite. But this one is my least fav. out of them all, just because being that it is old corduroy, you can really tell with this skirt. But hey people would probably pay for such a thing in a store, so what am I complaining out... I do love the little applique owls though, I think they're just darling. I decided too that if the skirt does fall apart I can always remove the owls and use on something else, just incase, right?

Also I have finally joined a swap, yea!! The hostess with the mostess is Miss Hoping for Happy Accidents..... This is a new blog that been checking into, another creative kindred spirit. It is a beautiful useful object swap. Perfect for me since I love useful things. So much so that ,back when I was still in LA, I spent almost every evening in a ceramic studio and I was always struggling with making just art there was a huge part of me that needed to make eveything useful. I'm just too darn practical for my own use.

No comments: