Monday, April 03, 2006

To Do List


potential charm square quilt


Andrew's favorite blanket - cordaroy quilt #1



unfinished fannel quilt


Things I want to do before taking off....

1. The charm swap quilt - back in the fall I was part of a swap on MJF forum a group of us traded 6" charm squares of fabric, 5-6 squares each to everyone (or in my case as many as I could afford) on the list. Also, some of us sent a couple of buttons along with the squares, I made ceramic buttons. Well I seem to have gotten all the squares I'm going to get and it's almost a perfect amount for a quilt. I don't have to add any of my own fabric, I just kept out my favorite square (I think it came from Helen in New Zealand) and two other squares and it will make a 9 square by 7 square quilt. See above picture except there were a couple of changes made after the picture was taken.


This one my favorite square

2. A cordaroy quilt - This one will be cordaroy quilt #2. I made one a couple of years ago out of an old friends cordaroy pants in memory of him. It's now Andrew's favorite quilt. Well...I have alot of cordaroys that don't really fit or are old and worn. Too old and worn to be donated and I'm attached... So next best thing - make a quilt.

3. Finish fannel shirt quilt - This is only waiting because I have to save my pennies to buy the fabric for the border and back since money's been a little tight lately. This is a lap size quilt made of a bunch of old fannel shirts from my dad. Andrew wasn't wearing them so I decided to make a quilt out of them that I can always snuggle with my Dad.

4. Lynn's lap quilt - A while ago I saw on a blog someone who was taking their children's drawings and embroidering them on fabric (I'd like to find out who they were and give them credit here). Well when Zuri visited last week she had her little scetchbook and I just love her drawings. So...I thought it would be nice to make some emboibered squares and then I could use up some of my fabric ( less to move later) and make a lap quilt out of them.

Now just so ya know I make very simple quilt, no crazy patterns just squares or strips. It's all about the fabric for me. It's like painting with fabric. So since they're pretty simple it's not impossible to get all this done in about 9 month's. I just have to save my pennies for the backing and batting.

5. I want to make some "stuffies". I want to find a pattern to make a ball, or something round out of fabric..So....If any of you guys out there who have a pattern for something round like a doll head or just a ball..I need help. I have an idea how it works but I think it'd be easier if I had a pattern.

Thats all the big projects that I can think of...For now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your to do list looks like mine, several sewing projects to finish, and more in mind! I too have to finish the charm square quilt.