Thursday, April 06, 2006

Meet Robin


No, not Robin the gnome..This is Robin the teapot, also known as Round Robin and Robin Roundbelly... Now, we don't go around naming all of our possessions, but this guy's so special that he got a name. This is the best tea maker/teapot ever. Now Robin had one thing we would change about him.. His little tea basket is plastic, I would perfer stainless steel...'cause why would you want to steep your tea in a plastic blasket - that is his one flaw, but we love him and use him everyday so much so that his little arm is about to break off and send burning hot water all down the front of one of us and give us second degree burns. So.. I wanted to show him off before he retires, and also share a recipe of my favorite tea - Moon Tea. I originally called this Moom tea because it's all femine herbs - good for your Moon time, but these herbs also do much, much more - calms the tummy, cleans the blood and liver, Nettles are full of minerals and it goes on and on. Not to mention the favor of this tea so soothing. So.. Enjoy!

These are rough measurements here. But you really can't go wrong, a little more of one thing won't hurt the recipe. Robin makes 2 cups and I put about 2 heaping tbsp of tea. So.. I guess that means 1:1 tea and water.

Moon Tea
1 part Nettles leaves
1 part Red Raspberry leave
1/2 part Red Clover flowers
1/2 part Oat Straw
Mix everything up together *be careful the nettle will make your skin itchy so try to protect yourself before mixing. The itch goes away eventually but it's annoying. I did the recipe in parts that way you can make as much as you want. I make a ton and store in a big jar 'cause we drink this stuff everyday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just may have to try that recipe, sounds good! Love the teapot too, who makes it?

Aunt Jenny said...

Sounds wonderful and robin is adorable!!! Is the moon tea good iced too? It sounds like it might be. I will be in iced herbal tea mode in a month or so I am sure.

sqrl said...

when we lived in LA with long hot summers we used to drink it as an iced tea all summer long with either sugar or honey and lemon. I forgot all about that.