Monday, November 13, 2006


Wow a whole week went by already, how did that happen?? I hardly remeber anything from the past week, it's like I went through it in some dreamlike state. I swear one day I wake up it's Monday and then the next day is Friday. And yet it doesn't seem to get any closer to moving time.. I'm living in a void!

I'm eating chestnuts right now.... Oooo how I love roasted chestnuts... Until I spent a week in Paris in the Fall a couple years ago I thought chestnuts were some novelty in a christmas song. But the streets were lined with people roasting chestnuts, yes on open fires. Granted these were a little less romantic since they were sort of big old coffee tins with tin foil on top and who knows what burning inside the tin. But still, the smell of roasting nuts, chilly rainy days with yellow leaves falling in Paris... Romantic enough. But I still didn't try any chestnuts while I was there. It wasn't until last year at the farmers market, someone was selling chestnuts and roasting them. He told us how, we came home and followed his directions and died. These are the tastiest darns things. Not like a nut almost at all, expect in looks. Very starchy, sort of like a potato. I love them... Try them if you get the chance, there are instructions on how to roast all over the internet, so excuses...

And above is Sir William the gnome... With no face. Ahhhh! I must make faces, I have 6 dolls waiting for faces. Pretty bad, huh? I have to get over this and just do it.... I'm having issues.

No comments: