Sunday, November 05, 2006

Onion Gravy



As promised....... I'm starting with the gravy and I'll work my way to the rest, raviolis are harder to figure out a recipe for 'cause it's like, a little of this and little of that kind a thing. I'll post it, promise..

Onion Gravy

1 medium onion (chopped)
3 cups water
4tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp flour (white or wheat, we almost never have white flour in the house so we mostly use wheat)

Prepare ahead of time - 2tbsp soy sauce, 3 cups water and 4 tbsp flour.

Medium-high heat. We use a iron skillet. Saute onion until dark brown, very close to burning (... I know, it's hard to let them go this far but you have to, that's the secret). Add 2 tbsp soy sauce, stir for about a minute. Stir in prepared sauce. Cook until thickens - starts to boil. Then serve.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I can't wait to try this, looks wonderful, thanks!!

Unknown said...

I made it last night, over meatloaf and garlic mashed pototoes, it was so good!! Thanks!

sqrl said...

oh good!! Happy you enjoyed it...