Monday, July 24, 2006

A poppy kind of weekend

It was such a beautiful weekend. It was actually hot here. We made some huge changes round here. We cleaned house this weekend. I think believe the amount of junk you can aquire over just couple of years. We have done our first round of discard, there will be at least a couple more rounds before we move. When you your moving 3,000 miles away you only want to bring the essentials, moving is bad enough even when your moving around the corner. After all this I decided to paint a new painting on a very large canvas and I just hate it. So much so I can't stop thinking about going home and painting over it. I attemped an abstract kind of thing. You see, at the office the walls are so bare and dead and I have three huge canvases at home that are either not painted on yet or just need painting over. I thought I could just do something easy and abstract, nothing too invasive and hang them in the office. Well for so reason during the painting process I deviated from my original abstract design and was feeling very inspired by a digital piece I did early (above). Lets just say it just kept getting worse and worse. Oh and also I'm using a limited color palette because I wanted to use up all our old tube paints (cleaning out). So things we just getting muddier and muddier. It was horrible, I hate looking at it or even thinking about it and it's huge. AHHHHH!!! I feel like I wasted so much time.... Why did I change my mind right in the middle of the painting.... Bad idea! Now I have to fix it, darn it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Melissa, where you moving too and when?