Saturday, June 24, 2006

Oh My Butt hurts!!

The Bee found a bone--->

Let me give you a little advise...... If you haven't ridden your bike in a couple of months, don't go and ride to the beach which is at least 2 miles (may be more) away. I think I bruised my butt. Today was an absolutely beautiful day, the sky was clear, the sun was bright and the air was warm.. Perfect. So we did our usual Saturday morning shopping at the farmers market and other errands, came home had a darn good lunch under the "villa" (a sheet of fabric we use as an awning) and than took a nap, one of my absolute favorite things to do is nap outside preferably in broken sun, under a good (Maple) tree. No tree here, so the "villa" does the job fine enough. Than off to the beach to collect drift wood pieces to build a mobile gift for Andrew's Dad. Oh My Gaud! the sand was SO hot! Holy moly! It got to a point when we first go there and were walking toward the water than I got this major panic feeling like a fight or flight response thing going on. It was SO hot my heart started beating fast and I quickly threw off my bag, jumped onto it and had a little freaked out moment.


---Skirt hiked up, scavaging for drift wood---


After that (as you can see in the pictures) it was shoes on for me for the duration of the adventure. But besides the panicy situation we had a very lovely day, got a vitamin D over dose and are now completely wiped out. This feeling always makes me think of when I was a kid, summer days and I would play outside all day until the sun set and than crash. Today was a good for the soul kind of day, a day where you don't get anything done but it doesn't matter.





No comments: