Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My very own Computer

Well... I'm sitting here at work typin' away on my very own brand new computer. No more having to share with the Bee. Now I can get work done at work. I am quite excited about this. The amount of time I sit wasting time at work can now be filled with actual work. Your thinking don't you actually work at work... Well, yes of course but, I get all my work done so fast and efficiently that I have so much time left over. We aren't as busy with sales as we should be so I stitch and draw and surf the net. But now I can design, I can create all graphicy things I've been wanting to do and never had enough time in the day to. This is the problem with having too many interests or hobbies.. You see, during the week days I make myself do "homework" everyday after work; I take classes online at Clayton College of Natural Healing, studying Holistic Nutrition. I'm almost finished and I will in the end receive a BS in nutrition. It's an alternative way to do things but thats me.. And I really don't like school, never did don't I ever will. It makes my stomach just thinking about it. Anway back to the subject, than on the weekends I try with all my might to get to the creative projects I've either dreamed up during the week days of slaving over work and homework or try to finish what I started the weekend before. And than of course, there is the work I actually like doing - all graphic and web design jobs that are slowly starting to flow in - this I try to fit in between all the other stuff. So this brings to how I got this lovely computer and if I may say it is quite lovely.
Well Andrew's Dad was wondering why some thing were taking a while with some of the work we were doing for him.. And Andrew told him the truth..... I have no time except a half an hour here and there to get my work done. He asked how can we fix this? Andrew said well she needs her own computer to take to work so can work there (lot of working going on here). He said how much is the computer that I would need? Andrew told him about the one he was dreaming about. And his Dad more or less said the check is in the mail. Well at first Andrew said no, not wanting to put his Dad out of that much money (because to us that's a lot of money) and of course he hates (like all of us) to be in debt with anyone. But after much talking and convincing he said yes to the offer and in a couple days ordered it from HP and it arrived yesterday, yeah!
So I am a very lucky girl here and very happy. I haven't officially thanked Stephen yet because I want to do it right, I want to make him something to show how much we appreciate this gift. So I'm thinking and thinking and not sure what I want to make him. I was thinking of a mobile. I know he likes apple turnovers but I'm like 12 hours away from him although I could over night them. But that's not enough anyway..... It's got to be something good.
Eventhough I haven't posted in a week I have been working on some stuff. The girls being here really thr me a bit and I didn't get much done last week with my "finish what you have" projects. Although actually I did finish something that's been waiting to be sent out for like months. So, yes I did finish something and got it out in the mail yesterday and it felt SO good. It is a traveling art journal. Over at MaryJanesFarm on her forum, a bunch of us were doing mail art and sending little bits of art all over the world. In the beginning I was the "leader" of this group (Sisterhood of the Traveling Art) and starting a "round robin" journal. It first went out last September but got stuck at a certain persons hourse and I had it sent back to me and the book needed fixin and the such. So it got off to the slow start and since it had been so long, I started a new list of people. But this was back in Janurary and things got so busy with me I never got it out to the people on the list. I thought of giving up on it realizing that I'm not very good a keeping track of this kind of thing. But that felt worng and unfinished and I hate unfinished, half-assed jobs so.... I made a new list, it's much smaller now because many people are now not interested. This is good though because gives the ladies freedom to use many pages. So the book is finally fixed, a new list, I even got to do an entry and shipped it out yesterday to a lovely lady Eileen in Washington. Yeah!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a lucky lady in deed, for having such a sweet father in law, he knew you deserved a new computer to get your work done, work that means alot to you, your talent shows it! Enjoy it! Can't wait to get the journal!!