Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Snowin' and Swappin'


Yep, that's right we had ourselves a snowy/slushy/crappy day yesterday. I thought April was supposed to be Spring. But I guess since I haven't here in seven years I must of had it all wrong. Actually, I think everyone's been feeling that way lately regardless of how long they've lived here. My friends, welcome to Global Warming....


On a much funner note (yes I said funner) I swapped gifties with a new friend in Japan - Momo. I believe, when I first signed up with Gimme Your Stuff I contacted Momo to swap. That was almost a year ago and I got no responses from anyone. I think mostly because there like a billion people on there from the US and mostly in CA and of course anyone wants to swap with someone from the same region (can't blame them). Then on the last leg of my trip I got a comment from Momo asking if I wanted to swap. I was too excited. The best part - she's vegan. You see, most people want to swap goodies and treats, candies and foods. This doesn't work for such a strict veggie like myself. So even more excitement...... In the end I received such a wonderful package from her. I got the what is apparently the Japanese craft book, I asked for one but had no idea so I asked for any. Also a great book on appears to be a book on artist studios which got me really itchy to create my own (cause I need one so bad). Let's see what else...... Great fabrics, very cute bookmark, little garden stakes for my seedlings and yummy veggie snack. I sent her lots of vintagie things, homespun fabric, Blueprint magazines and soap. This was such a fun thing to do.

No comments: