Monday, December 04, 2006

SPC Red - Week One


Phew.... I made it, it's due tomorrow. I didn't do any for November. Mostly because I couldn't connect with the theme. The theme was Glamor and now that I think back I could have come up with something, I'm sure. I'm just not a very glamorous person in the traditional kind a glamorous. Not to mention it's hard enough for me to get it together to do a self portrait every week. The weeks are going by so incredibly fast right now. I swear, one day it's Monday and the next day is Friday and I have no idea what happened in between. This is what happens when you live in a waiting void. It's starting to make my head spin all the packing, shipping, coordinating, thinking, figuring and waiting. Well this month's SPC is Red..... Good choice, I think. I like the color red a lot, it's rich and warm and womb like. This week, for me was something of a quicky. I just realized yesterday that the months changed and there would be a new SPC. So I had a day to prepare and figure out what to do.... No real meaning in it, just red.

2 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Interesting interpretation, I really like this, well done!

I also could not get into the "glam" theme, I'm a nature girl all the way and couldn't come up with one appropriate image.

Nice to meet you!

athena said...

i'm not necessarily making a comment on your blog because you left one on mine :-) but i did want to say that i saw your entry a couple days ago and liked your silhouette. and i agree about these self-portrait challenges creeping up so quickly. when i know i'm going to have a busy month i do all four (or five) self-portraits for the whole month in one go and then just post them as the weeks roll by! :-)