Sunday, June 25, 2006

Harvest Day


Bee's potatoes.... We've never grown potatoes before. Only had them this year beacause we had couple old potatoes and the Bee decided to put them in the ground and let them figure it out. Well... We were certainly surprised to pull out so many yummy little russets. We'll be doing that again, that's for sure...



I can't believe how beauttiful this garlic is, I didn't even peek on it once as it was growing so I was quite surprised. I pulled 17 big beautiful garilcs today.

And this is what became of it (some of it at least). Roasted potatoes with fresh sage and oregano, onions and garilc all harested this morning. On a bed of wilted spinach from the farmers market. We are truely rich.

We had a lovely day today, actually the whole weekend was grand. I decided it was time to tackle the back garden with the sage taking over the world, the oregano was getting up of hand again and the garlic decided it was time and fell over and the potatos started to look not so good. This could be because we haven't been watering lately. You get so used to all the rain we get 3/4's of the year that when it stops you don't think about it, I mean how could the Earth need anymore water with all the rain we got this year. But it does...
This was such an amazing weekend, what a little sun can do for the soul. This is one of those weekends where it feels ok to go back to work. I mean, of course I would rather not, but I feel refreshed.. It's good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks yummy, when's lunch?